Trout in the Classroom (TIC) is an environmental education program in which students in grades k-12 . . .
- raise trout from eggs to fry.
- monitor tank water quality.
- engage in stream habitat study.
- learn to appreciate water resources.
- begin to foster a conservation ethic.
- grow to understand ecosystems.
Most programs end the year by releasing their trout in a state-approved stream near the school or within a nearby watershed.
In each state, Trout in the Classroom is funded by a number of generous supporters and made more rich through varied partnerships.